Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This One's for Me.


I loved the Nomad Hat and Scarf when I saw it in Interweave Knits Fall 2007. I changed the yarn to Noro Kuchoron (wool/alpaca blend, yum!) and used smaller needles for a smaller hat and tighter fabric. So I took a break from knitting gifts for others, to provide for myself. It was a quick knit - 3 days, and easy, too. Now, I love the hat because it is so wonderfully warm.
Right now I have all the supplies for two sweaters sitting waiting for me - patterns, yarn, and needles. They've been put on hold while I knit holiday gifts. I've noticed a pattern of procrastination - the big stuff gets pushed to the side for smaller projects with more immediate gratification. Am I the only one spending what seems to me to be huge amounts of money for yarn for sweaters that just sits there? Are the others who share this weakness? Do you do it one sweater at a time, or do you also have several stashed away?

No comments: