Thursday, August 9, 2007

At Least I've finished Something!


I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finally can put something in the mail that I've knit for someone. Case in point -- this felted purse for Int'l Tote Exchange IV. My patient swap pal finally received it more than a week after it was due. The whole thing was an adventure. I'd never knit a trellis pattern - it's fun, and then the embellishments - flowers, vines and leaves, and a knot-and-frog closure, put this project over the top for me. If I'd had more time, the purse would probably have ended up looking like an overblown rose arbor.

What has really been distracting me is "Knit A Yarn." I am the Channel Producer for this upcoming, new video-podcast. I'm working with Realization Pictures to produce this new show. It doesn't hurt one bit that R.P. just happens to be my sister and her film-making husband. Melissa kept hearing me talk about knitting, knitting blogs, events, knit-a-longs, etc., so she finally turned to me and said, "That sounds like it would be a good video-podcast." -- we're aiming at a focused group - knitters, and the podcasts will be relatively short. The first one has been shot - it's me demonstrating how to make your own swift and will run about 7 minutes. That doesn't sound like a lot of time, but it took about 4 hours to shoot it. The second one was just shot last Thursday - now what happened in the Boston area last Thursday - the Yarn Harlot was in town, and I got to interview her before her "launch" at Borders in Burlington, MA. I saw the rough cut, and Stephanie is great. I need to polish my interviewing skills, but Stephanie gave great answers. If you checked Stephanie's blog - I'm the laughing lady in the front row, but I didn't throw any panties.

We're planning to debut within the next couple of weeks, so keep checking for more info.

As I get my picture uploading skills using my sister's borrowed camera sharpened, I will have more things to show you. I've gotten a great pair of Sockapalooza 4 socks, and my ITE IV pal sent me the nicest bag - perfect to put a sock knitting project in. As you might have guessed, I love joining swaps.

That's it for now!

2 comments:

knittin gin said...

I'm in love with your bag! It looks like it was a lot of work - it must have been hard to give it away!

Do keep us posted about the podcast. I'll check back for details.

Anne said...

My daughter and I were at the YH event in Burlington (I did throw panties) and we heard you talking about the podcast. What a great idea--keep us posted!