Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Challenging Work


I have started working on the February Challenge for the Organized Knitting Club on Ravelry, which was to organize one area...my area is my stash. Following a suggestion from Janine, the moderator for Organized Stash, I pulled out all my WIPs and moved them to my bedroom, which gave me some room to work with the remaining stash...more on that at some later date.
As I extracted each project, I added it to an excel spreadsheet. I also ranked them A-E & S: A=finish this month.; B=next in line; C=medium importance; D=finish eventually; E=hibernating, but not ready for the frog pond; and S=sit-around projects that I pick up for a couple of minutes when I'm at the computer.
There are 42 Works in Progress on the spreadsheet - and each one has it's own set of needles!! I actually did frog a few things that I found that had been started but not worked on, or that I really didn't like. I even threw out one horrible ball of fluffy acrylic in pinks and purples.
I had a breakthrough last night, as I lay tossing and turning, about how to organize all the projects. I went and got some basic supplies today, and if the concept works, you'll be the first to know!


2 comments:

hunnybunny said...

I can't wait to hear how the organizing goes. I sometimes feel that all my areas belong on some HGTV program. Any guidance you could offer would be wonderful. Good Luck.

Soo said...

Oh - perhaps your attempts to organise will inspire me!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the book suggestions. Both look interesting and are now on order!!