Saturday, February 7, 2009

I haz need hatz

Sometimes life creates needs. I need hats.


It all started when I decided on a whim to get my hair trimmed (this already should give you some idea where this is going). I turned into the hairdressing school I was walking past. I told the student that I wanted my hair really short, but polished and professional, because I had hopes on going on job interviews. Things were going pretty well until the clippers came out. With three electric zooms most of the hair on my head was practically gone. I left with NOT ONE HAIR ON MY HEAD LONGER THAN 1/4-INCH.


Now, my head is cold all the time. I look like I've just finished a round of chemo. My head looks very small in relation to my body.


I've been knitting hats:

This is the one I wear the most - at home, even when I'm sleeping.














This one is knit with warm, bulky wool, so I wear it outdoors.












This moebius cowl has been warm when I want a little neck and shoulder coverage.

















This one is cute, but doesn't provide enough coverage. I've got another version with heavier wool on the needles.







We all have lapses in judgement.

5 comments:

ccr in MA said...

It is too bad about the hair incident, but those are some fine looking hats! Necessity is the mother of nice knitting, too, apparently.

Jane Prater said...

Love the hats. Please email me pics if you do the brioche shawl; always love like minded people.

Stacey said...

Are you managing some stash busting with these hat projects? If so, even better!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I remember having my hair up all the time for ROTC/VTCC when I was in college. My neck was always cold! =:8

Karin said...

OMG. I hope your hair is all grown in again by now.
I am always chasing that 'short but professional' looking harircut, too...