Monday, May 28, 2007

From Old to New - Knitting Projects

I finally figured out how to upload pictures, so here is the first batch:

The Norwegian mittens on the left were knitted about four years ago. I have knit this pattern with various colors and weights of wool over the years. My father still has the pair I made for him at least 10 years ago. The pair on the right were finished this past winter, and are from "Basic Knitting" They knit up large, but since I had used Cascade yarn, I gently felted them, which made them smaller and warmer. For additional warmth, I always wear a thin pair of el cheapo stretch gloves inside the mittens. This has gotten me through many a cold New England winter.





I do like colorwork, and started this Baby Norgi sweater from Knitty when I learned that my SIL was pregnant. I also had scheduled a class on two-color knitting and thought that this would be an interesting display to promote the class. When the class was cancelled, I slowed down, but now the baby is here, so I once more have a greater incentive to finish.





I have managed to finish a couple of things for my new niece: a bib from "One Skein" using Classic Elite Bamboo; a "Pi" jacket out of Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton, which was a delight to knit with; and a Vine Lace Baby Hat from "knittingdaily." Since the family is up from Nashville on a visit, I can hand over the finished items, and hope that they will be put to some use.















Mom is getting the Comfort Shawl from "knittingdaily". I found Misti Cotton, a lovely, soft cotton and silk yarn at my LYS, that I thought would make a lovely shawl for a nursing mother. This was my first Farose-styled shawl, and I really liked the shaping and the comfortable way it sits on your shoulders. I've added this pattern to my "Make It for Me" wish list.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

hat lovely knits! i'm so excited you've decided to blog so i can blogstalk ;)

Theresa said...

And once you figured it out, boy, you went after those photos with a vengeance! Lovely work.