Monday, May 21, 2007

Projects on Needles

I sometimes think that I must be an ADD knitter - I have so many differnt things I'm working on!

There's the Ruffles scarf from ScarfStyle in a multi-color mohair blend that lives in a plastic bag hung from one of my drawers at work (for the 45 minutes on hold with the IT help desk).

The Hourglass sock pattern that travels to work with me on the T is a test run for my Hogwarts Sock Swap sock - I use one circular needle (magic loop) to reduce the chance of stabbing someone.

I take my responsibility as an aunt very seriously, so I'm working on the Vine Lace Baby Hat from Knitting Daily for my new niece, along with the bib from One Skein. Mom is getting the Comfort Shawl from Knitting Daily. I used Misti Cotton - a beautiful soft fuscia color in the softest cotton and silk blend (that one, at least, is finished). I'm preping the six different colors of Lara yarn I ordered from Elann for an intarsia sweater for another niece, and my oldest niece (who'll be seven soon) will be getting a pair of socks, among other things.

I just finished a pair of socks for afghans for Afghans. I used Lopi light, since they want warm items. I am de-stashing my KnitPicks Yarn of the Andes and using a double stand (one strand amythest, and the other strand changes color every three rows) for a soft, but warm baby blanket. Then there's the cabled hat for the Yarn Harlot's appearance in Northampton, MA, next Wednesday.

I do knit things for myself, at least I start them. I recycled some purple/blue dk yarn that started as a shawl...and will become the ribbed Tee from Knitty. One half-done glove in blue/green Silky Yarn is safely in a shoebox.

There's more, but guilt prevents me from including it now.

Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will., but I'm hampered because I don't have a camera. I just wanted people to know that I do knit on the rare occasion when the spirit moves me.

No comments: